Registration for businesses in the Algoma District
Online Food Ordering
Auctions - Coming soon
HOW IT WORKS
Easy to start selling online on Algoma Marketplace in just 4 simple steps
Register and list your products
- Register your business for free and create a product catalogue. Get free training on how to run your online business by contacting us and our team will assist you in setting up everything!
- Our Marketplace setup tool will fully assist you in taking your business online! Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or help you may need
Receive orders and sell your product
- Once you receive an order you will be notified about your new sale.
- Our platform will handle the payment processing and any communications between you and your customer
Local Pickup or Delivery with ease
- Simply package and deliver your product to your customer
- Our Platform lets you send delivery email notifications and you can set your delivery methods in accordance with your businesses practices. If you don’t currently have delivery we will set you up with a local delivery company that you can call to pick up and deliver your item.
Get payments and grow your business
- Our payment processor offers payment protection!
- Your funds are automatically deposited to your account daily via the payment gateway (Stripe).
Most frequent questions and answers
Joining and starting a shop on Algoma Marketplace is free. There are two basic selling fees: a transaction fee, and a payment processing fee.
It costs NOTHING to publish a listing to the marketplace. Once an item sells, there is a 5% transaction fee on the sale price (not including shipping/delivery costs) plus a Stripe credit/debit card payment processing fee of 2.9% + $0.30.
Are you a charitable organization? During these unprecedented times, the Algoma Marketplace has reduced transaction fees to 0% … just pay for Stripe payment processing fees.
It’s easy to set up a shop on Algoma Marketplace. Create an account (if you don’t already have one), set your shop location, choose a shop name, create a listing, set a payment method (how you want to be paid), and finally start adding your products.
You accept payments with Stripe, funds from sales on Algoma Marketplace will be deposited into your Stripe bank account less any fees. During store setup your will be asked to connect your stripe account to Algoma Marketplace and we will direct your money automatically to your account.
No, a credit or debit card is not required to create a shop.